Anishinaabemowin Teg will be hiring a Conference Coordinator for the 2016 conference.
General duties include fund raising, grant writing, presenter, participant and vendor contact, finding additional sponsors for event, and working closely with Board of Directors and Board President.
Application Deadline is December 30, 2015
Responsibilities include major event planning for Anishinaabemowin Teg, Inc. Annual Language Conference 2016. General duties include fund raising, grant writing, presenter, participant and vendor contact, finding additional sponsors for event, and working closely with Board of Directors and Board President.
- Adhering to the budget set forth by the Conference Committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Supporting and collaborating with the Finance Committee in securing sponsorships.
- Adhering to conference planning schedule, policies and guidelines.
- Contracting with caterers, A/V specialists and other vendors in a timely manner.
- Contracting with keynote speakers and workshop presenters.
- Securing and contracting meeting space and lodging.
- Publishing and distributing the Conference Program and other marketing materials.
- Work with Scholarship Committee to inform applicants of final status and plan scholarship events.
- Solicit volunteers and arrange for volunteer coordinators (children’s and youth coordinators) for annual conference.
- Support Auction Committee in preparing for and implementing the annual auction and raffle.
- Plan annual conference banquet in concert with Conference Committee.
- Coordinates on-site arrangements for all regional meetings and events.
- Works in coordination with the Public Relations Committee on marketing events.
- Prepare written monthly activities report and sends to board members each month by the 5th day of the next month.
- Have knowledge of the culture and language.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with hosting conference administrators and the general public.
- Other duties as specified in contract or according to board of directors instructions.
Email letter of application, resume and three employment references by December 30, 2015 to Liz Osawamick at email@example.com.