About the Youth Council
This position is charged with bringing youth concerns and interests to the attention of the board of directors. As the youth reps, they are expected to reach out to other youth to represent youth issues and communicate them to the Ateg board and senate. They will also serve as helpers for elders at all Ateg functions as a means of serving both their communities and the Ateg mission of preserving Anishinaabek language, culture and values.
Youth serve a one year term if selected for appointment to the non-voting advisory Youth Council.
Appointees may be eligible for reappointment by submitting a letter of interest outlining accomplishments during your prior year of service and your goal statements for the upcoming year.
Interested in serving on the Youth Council?
Priority given to:
- Youth between ages 14-24
- Youth who can explain how they can be an advocate for Anishinaabemowin
- Youth who are willing to attend and participate in scheduled training such as board orientation
- Must sign & comply with the confidentiality oath once appointed to the Youth Council
- Youth who will actively serve on committees and assist in planning activities and events
- Youth who are able to attend committee meetings and board meetings as required
Please send your letter of interest explaining why you are interested in becoming an Ateg Youth Representative and what you can bring to Anishinaabemowin Teg. Include your complete contact information and a brief biography.
Application documents can be submitted by email to email@example.com– Margaret Noodin, A-Teg Secretary
Deadline for application: February 28, 2018. Please send your materials for consideration of appointment and appointments will be made at the board of directors discretion per ATeg bylaws. Appointments will be made for one-year appointments annually and will be announced at the annual AGM.