Anishinaabemowin-Teg Inc. was pleased to announce the continuation of the scholarship awards. Once again all students studying the Ojibwe Language were encouraged to apply. We extended the invitation to Elementary, Secondary, and Post-Secondary students to submit an application. The deadline was February 9, 2019 and we are no longer accepting applications.
See Past Winners
- Must be presently enrolled in a language course;
- Must be enrolled as a full time student;
- Good attendance;
- Involvement in community and/or extra curricular activities;
- Recommended by an Education Counselor, Teacher, Elder, Principal and or Vice-Principal;
- Dedicated to maintain the continuum of Anishinaabemowin.
All applications are screened and reviewed by the ATeg Scholarship Review Committee.
Presentation of Awards:
Each scholarship recipient is invited to attend the Anishinaabemowin-Teg Language Conference Banquet.
Note: Once the applicant is accepted the student is required to do a 3 minutes speech at the conference. Speech stating the following in Anishinaabemowin:
- Clan (if known: also Mother Clan)
- Parent / Parents
- First Nation or tribal affiliation
- One sentence: (why Anishinaabemowin is important and how it gives the student a sense of pride.)